Doing a Doctorate at the Doctoral Centers in Saxony-Anhalt
Since May 2021, you can also do a doctorate at the universities of applied sciences in Saxony-Anhalt without the involvement of another university. You can apply for permission to do a doctorate to one out of a total of five Doctoral Centers.
Doctoral Centers at Merseburg University of Applied Sciences
Further Doctoral Centers in Saxony-Anhalt
Own Right to Confer Doctorates at the Universities of Applied Sciences in Saxony-Anhalt
Since May 2021, universities of applied sciences in Saxony-Anhalt have been able to independently award doctoral degrees to their early career researchers. They have set up various Doctoral Centers for this purpose. As one of the first federal states, Saxony-Anhalt is leading the way with its own right to confer doctorates as a university of applied sciences, thus strengthening research and science at the universities in the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt. Merseburg University of Applied Sciences is involved in two inter-university Doctoral Centers:
- The Doctoral Center for Social, Health and Economic Sciences (SGW) of Merseburg, Anhalt, Harz and Magdeburg-Stendal Universities of Applied Sciences
- The Doctoral Center for Engineering Sciences and Information Technologies (IWIT) of Merseburg, Anhalt and Harz Universities of Applied Sciences
There are three other Doctoral Centers in the state of Saxony-Anhalt in which Merseburg University of Applied Sciences is not involved:
- The Doctoral Center for Life Sciences at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- The Doctoral Center for Architecture and Design Research at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- The Doctoral Center for Environment and Technology at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
In addition to doing an independent doctorate in a Doctoral Center, Merseburg University of Applied Sciences also offers the possibility of doing a cooperative doctorate in collaboration with another university.
This project is supported by the Center of Advanced Scientific Education.